Monday, November 23, 2009

Kuala Lumpur: Events during the Hols!


"Mum, I'm so bored!" has got to be the most spoken-of sentence every holiday for a teen with nothing to do. I know I've spoken it more than my fair share! ;)

Every holiday, my mum would draw up a list of things to do in order to fill up my days. This time, I'm going to list down the events and exibitions that we can go to these holidays, so that mum won't hear the dreaded phrase yet again!




Book-lovers, take note! The Big Bad Book Sale is baaaack! I went today to check out on the books and believe me, all of them were discounted at really low prices. No wonder I bought a whole stack of novels but the total was only under a hundred ringgit! I'm stocking the books for reading these holidays :)

The sale starts today (26th November) until the second of December, held at Amcorp Mall from 10am to 9pm. It was full of people eager for a bargain, so go as soon as you can! Its definitely a must go for book lovers. Believe me, you won't regret it! ;)


One play that I've been dying to watch is Teater Natrah after reading her life story in the newspapers. It tells the tragic tale of Natrah Maarof, who was a Malaysian by heart. She was raised in Malaysia by her Malay foster mother and experienced a heated custody dispute between her foster parents and her Dutch birth parents.

I hope I can get tickets when it's staged next week! It's staging at the Istana Budaya from the 30th of November to the 9th of December. All of them are starting at 8.30pm and its a play that can be enjoyed by the whole family. So book your tickets now to enjoy the play! ;)

Now to a more serious event, let's take part in the Red Carnival for World AIDS Day! World Aids Day is a global event where society takes time to recognize the issues relating to HIV/AIDS. It's really a reminder to us how we can all do our part to combat HIV/AIDS!

That's why I think it is a very important event to attend, especially for teens like me. I myself will be going this Saturday with my family. It's time we understand and take preventive measures so we don't get caught up in the dark web that's HIV/AIDS. So remember: The Red Carnival is taking place over this weekend (27 and 28th November) at Sungei Wang Plaza! Over the weekend, volunteers and performers will distribute HIV/AIDS-informative newsletters and leaflets to the public.

Informative and educational yet fun. These are the events that I'm going to partake in these holidays! What about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment